CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 22, 2010

Baby Jake Cooper "Number Nineteen"

HAPPY DAY! Allison and Jared Cooper had their little boy 3 weeks early, and Jake was 21 inches and weighed in at 8 pounds, 8 ounces. If he would have come on his due date (Feb 20th) he probably would have been over 10 pounds. I love the day he came: one day after great grandmother Darlene's birthday, Groundhog Day and February 2nd. The numbers are fun and should be easy to remember: 02/02/2010. They add up to be a 7. (If you're into numerology, that is his lucky number.)

Allison looks wonderful and is doing great. The labor was shorter than her first (29 hours) but the pushing was a lot harder than Makenna's birth. He was posterior (sunny side up) and it took a toll on the little guy. He was quite swollen and his head was a misshaped and bruised. He also had low blood sugar so he was fed formula and in an incubator for a while. Otherwise, he is a doing great and looks quite healthy. We are all celebrating that he is here. Mike and I now have 19 grandchildren: eleven boys and eight girls.

Pictured above: Allison, newborn Jake , Jared and Makenna (4 years old and not sharing her germs)

1 comments:

sonjas.specialties said...

OH my goodness! Allison had her baby!! How fun! I didn't even know!..I love her...You should check out my new blog and become a follower! I just moved to a really nice, new salon and trying to spread the word to every living creature...:P I have a really awesome deal going on right now on whatever you're wanting so tell all your friends and loved ones and come see me in my new place! :)